Sunday, April 1, 2012

Lately I feel like crying.

I do, and it is not in a self-pity or sad way. I am simply quite amazed at how life can realign itself if you make small conscious changes. Changes are scary. We are all to some extent creatures of habit. We like comfort, protection and safety. It's survival based. However, all those things can keep us stuck if what we are holding on is not meant for us.

Last year I told myself I would be more selfish with me, and I have. Oh, that sounds so bad! It is not. I have valued me more and I have, even when it's been a challenge and caused me many real tears of pain, stuck to the proposition.

I changed here and there but it is only in the last couple of weeks that I wake up and I feel like the air is there to softly caress me and the sun smiles at me. I am in love with life. I am going with the rhythm of my path, in the direction I am meant to move, and it is such an intense feeling that I feel like crying a few times a day.

The happiness does not take all the humanity out of me. I still look back. I still wonder, I still see the alternate roads I have bypassed. They seem like black and white picture frames, hung in my wall of experiences. Identified and marked, sometimes explored but not acquired.

I see the point in the journey. I thank my teachers gratefully, and I take one more step forward.

Still, some fears creep in, but I am thanks to those frames, able to see why I should not fear. If anything, after any hurt or disappointments I will come back to this same place. I will  wash my grief away, look up to the heavens and I will be alright. Then,  I will be content and I will have grown in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment